As long as you constantly make sure to have a cushion of money in your account, PayPal is an effective service.
Late payments or the inability to make speedy transfers to other accounts might result from not having enough money in your PayPal balance.
Here are 5 methods for adding money directly to your PayPal account from among the many that are available.
Method #1: Add money to your balance using a linked bank account
You have a variety of alternatives if you wish to top up your PayPal balance online.
- Advertisement -
To add money to your PayPal cash balance using the connected bank account, follow these steps:
- You need to link your local bank account to your PayPal account to be able to successfully complete this process. Your bank account name and the name on your PayPal account must be the same. If not, payments between your PayPal account and bank account will not be successful.
- Log into your PayPal account and click ‘Transfer Money’, situated under your PayPal balance on the summary home page.
- On the next page, select ‘Add money to your balance’
- Then, to transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account, adhere to the directions displayed on the screen. You have the option of doing this through online banking or by going to your local bank location.
- Note that it will take about 3 to 5 business days for your money to appear in your PayPal balance. You will receive an email from PayPal to let you know when the transfer is complete.
For this service, PayPal does not collect any fees. You could, however, be charged by your bank for transfers.
To avoid receiving any unpleasant surprises after your transfer, clarify these costs with your bank before making any payments.
Method #2: Add money from the PayPal app
Using the PayPal app provides an additional quick and effective way to add money to your PayPal account.
Especially made to make adding money to your PayPal balance simple!
Both Google Play and the Apple App Store have the app for download.
To add to your PayPal cash balance using your linked bank account using the PayPal app, follow these steps:
- Open the application on your device
- Tap ‘PayPal balance’
- Select ‘Add money’
- Confirm the amount of money you want to transfer into your PayPal account.
- Follow the next prompts in the application to finalize your transfer
Method #3: Add money using the PayPal Cash card
Users from the US who have PayPal Cash Plus accounts are the only ones who may utilize this service.
The cost to utilize this service is USD $4.95.
A PayPal Cash card is essentially a debit card that enables you to make typical debit/credit card purchases using your PayPal balance.
You can also use it to add funds to your PayPal account.
- Sign up for a PayPal Cash card. Once PayPal has processed your request, they will send you a card within 7 to 10 business days.
- Activate your PayPal Cash card when it arrives. You can do this via your phone, tablet or on a computer.
- Open up the PayPal app and tap ‘PayPal balance’
- Tap ‘Add money’, then select ‘Add Cash’.
- Choose a nearby store that accepts the PayPal Cash card. The next actions should only be carried out when you are near to the destination. You will generate a barcode and have just one hour to finish the transaction at the chosen location. You will need to create a new barcode if you are late arriving at the destination.
- Tap ‘Generate Barcode’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Show the barcode to the cashier so they can scan it and process your payment. Your money will be available in your PayPal account within 15 minutes!
Method #4: Receiving money from friends and family into your PayPal account
If you can’t add money to your PayPal account via a bank account, this option is quite helpful.
As an alternative, you can ask your friends and relatives to send you money through PayPal to top up your PayPal balance online.
Your PayPal balance will be automatically increased when money is sent to your account.
It’s simple to receive money; just make sure the sender has access to the email address associated with your PayPal account.
This will ensure that the funds are sent promptly to the appropriate account.
The only drawback to this approach is the possibility that the person giving you the money may have to pay a charge to complete the transaction.
Senders won’t incur any costs if they send money using their own PayPal account, their own funds, or a connected bank account, and in the same currency as yours.
However, there are costs involved if the sender transfers money to your account using a credit or debit card.
Depending on the currency they are transferring, they may additionally have to pay a charge to cover a currency conversion.
Therefore, if the sender is transferring money from outside, the fees of sending money are greater.
Method #5: Top Up via M-Pesa(For Kenyans)
This option is only available for Kenyans.
Go to https://paypal-mobilemoney.toolslaza.com/
Follow the stated guidelines.
Give it up to 6 hours to receive the amount to your PayPal.
Why you’re unable to add money to your PayPal balance
If you continually attempting to add funds to your PayPal account but the transfer is failing, one possibility is that:
- There is a limitation placed on your account
- The feature you’re trying to use is not available for your region or country.