Compared to other marketing channels, email marketing regularly offers a higher return on investment. Additionally, it’s fantastic for creating communities and interacting with clients in a way that seems personal. However, without the proper infrastructure in place to manage your email marketing, you won’t be able to connect with your subscribers and clients in the manner necessary to promote engagement, develop those crucial connections, produce more leads, and boost sales. This list of the best email marketing platforms available today was created with this in mind. In order to choose the ideal email marketing platform to get the results you want, compare the many features offered by each of the platforms on this list.
We’re going to spend a little time answering any questions you might have about email marketing, why it matters, what an email marketing platform truly is, and the features you should look for before we get started with our list.
Why Choosing The Best Email Marketing Service is Important?
One of the most economical marketing strategies for small businesses is email marketing. The Direct Marketing Association reports that firms in the United States typically receive a ROI of 4300 percent from email marketing.
This is so that you may build a direct line of communication with your consumers and manage your email marketing easily.
Still not sold on email marketing? See these 6 explanations for why establishing an email list is so crucial right now.
It’s crucial to realize that your email marketing success will depend heavily on the software you use because they are in charge of ensuring that your emails are really sent.
If you don’t take care, you’ll wind up spending more more for fewer marketing options and poor email deliverability rates (which causes you to lose even more money).
What to Look for in a Good Email Marketing Tool?
You should be able to generate extremely engaging email newsletters using a solid email marketing service’s simple user interface (ideally drag-and-drop editor).
Sending mass emails that are genuinely tailored and targeted shouldn’t take much effort. Marketing automation is another name for this.
In addition, your email marketing provider must make it simple to classify consumers into groups, maintain your contact list, and track the effectiveness of your email marketing campaigns.
A reputable email service provider will, above all else, make sure that your email campaigns do not land in the spam folder.
After that, let’s examine some of the most well-known email marketing service companies and see how they compare to one another.
Top Email Marketing Software & Platforms
Sendinblue is a single platform that supports a variety of corporate communication channels, including chat, email, facebook, SMS, and more. The company’s goal is to assist businesses in fulfilling their consumers’ needs. They assist you in concentrating on the crucial activities while automating the rest. Using its email builder, you can quickly produce emails with a professional appearance, but the power of the platform lies in the way its features work together. You can put together smarter and more persuasive email campaigns using chat, SMS marketing, Inbox, CRM, and automations. Retargeting contacts and generating new leads are both made feasible by Facebook Ads feature that is built-in.
- a shared inbox that keeps track of all correspondence from clients.
- sixty or more responsive email layouts.
- Integrated CRM.
- Built-in chat and SMS.
- Contact segmentation helps you target certain contacts with emails that are more relevant to them.
- Facebook ads for generating leads
Up to 300 emails each day to an unlimited number of contacts are free with SendinBlue. Pricing for up to 10,000 emails starts at $25 per month.
Omnisend is a comprehensive platform for email marketing automation that also serves eCommerce businesses. It gives you the ability to improve your newsletters and increase sales via segmentation, automated emails, and the possibilities of SMS. To assist offer efficient buyer engagements, it contains pre-built automations for cart abandonment, welcome series, and transactional emails.
- Using a collection of templates, you can quickly and simply produce attractive, professional emails without any scripting. You can then modify them to meet your brand, add goods, incorporate dynamic discount coupons, and store them for use in future campaigns.
- For every stage of your client experience, an automations library with pre-built processes is available.
- Targeting by segment that may be used to campaigns and automations on every channel Omnisend supports.
- Forms and pop-ups help generate leads.
- Sales are tracked and successful campaigns are found using reports and analytics.
Up to 15,000 emails per month and 2,000 emails per day are free with Omnisend. The starting price is $16 per month. Though more expensive plans give SMS credits, SMS has extra charges.
The goal of EmailOctopus, a well-known email marketing software platform, is to offer email marketing that is easier to use, more intuitive, and more cost-effective than its rivals. It provides pre-made templates that you can change using a drag-and-drop editor, or you may start from scratch with your emails. A landing page builder with all the tools you need to generate leads and expand your email list is also included in the app. Agile brands are attracted by integrations. Numerous of your current applications, such as Shopify, Gravity Forms, and WordPress, simply integrate with EmailOctopus and making it a desirable tool, particularly for businesses with aspirational objectives.
- Create beautiful landing pages to attract additional subscribers, or import current subscribers to your website’s forms so you can keep expanding.
- Create your own designs from scratch or start with a pre-designed template.
- To distribute campaigns, make use of email automation.
- To divide your subscribers into target audiences, use data and insights.
A free subscription is available from EmailOctopus for up to 2,500 subscribers and 10,000 emails per month. Paid packages begin at $8 a month.
EngageBay provides three products in addition to a single Service Bay solution (encompassing tasks like live chat, helpdesk reports, tickets, and more):
- Marketing Bay
- CRM & Sales Bay
- All-in-One Suite
Although CRM email integration is a component of the CRM & Sales Bay, email marketing is featured in both the Marketing Bay and the All-in-One Suite. Rich text formatting, a landing page builder, email marketing templates, free email automation, and more are all included in their email marketing system.
- SMS marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Marketing automation
- Email marketing
- Email sequences
- Landing pages
- Web forms
- Site messaging
- Push notifications
- Contact segmentation
- Email templates
- Bulk SMS marketing
For up to 500 contacts and 1,000 branded emails, EngageBay is free. Their All-in-One Suite starts at $11.99 per month when paid biennially and includes both the Marketing and CRM & Sales Bay choices.
ConverKit is a fantastic match for both creative and eCommerce companies. Its feature-rich UI and sleek design make for a pleasant experience. Opt-in forms, landing pages, email workflows, tagging systems, data management and list segmentation, customization, automation, and many more features are included. ConvertKit also has beneficial connectors with other platforms that producers and makers are used to using, such as WordPress, Woocommerce, PayPal, and Stripe.
- Automate your sales funnel to automatically provide material to subscribers, preparing them for a buy.
- Use a tool made for artists to sell your digital goods.
- After the email has been sent, use Creator Pro to modify a URL.
- Send out customized email marketing campaigns.
- creating sign-up forms and beautiful landing sites.
A free plan is available from ConvertKit for up to 1,000 subscribers. Paid packages begin at $9 per month.
GetResponse is one of our favorite email marketing tools, and marketers from many sectors frequently utilize it. Email automation, email templates, segmentation, and personalisation are all part of it. A useful Auto Funnel tool offers a pre-made marketing funnel for email marketing campaigns as well. GetResponse offers a range of potent features that are all focused on brand expansion. From A/B testing to a thorough analytics tool that monitors the effectiveness of email campaigns.
- Autoresponders that automatically send welcome emails, follow-up messages, instructional series, and lead nurturing emails.
- Run effective remarketing ads with Facebook Pixel with a single click.
- By tracking website visitors, you may deliver pertinent communications depending on page views.
- Create landing pages to increase sales and lead generation.
- Make sponsored advertisements for Google, Instagram, and Facebook.
A 30-day free trial is available from GetResponse. Prices begin at $13.12 per month.
AWeber is a fantastic email marketing tool for groups, startups, and small enterprises. A drag-and-drop email editor, templates, automation and workflows, A/B testing, segmentation, autoresponders, and a huge number of integrations are all included. AWeber provides a landing page builder, like the other companies on our list. Anyone who wants to rapidly develop and launch a landing page along with an email campaign will find it simple to use thanks to its clear interface and drag-and-drop functionality.
- AI-powered email template creator enables speedy creation of beautiful branded emails.
- Distribute the most recent blog entries from your blogs to create email content automatically.
- With the use of dynamic content and tagging, target campaigns to the correct audience.
- Landing page builder with drag and drop.
For up to 500 subscribers, AWeber is free. Prices begin at $18.75 per month.
Small marketing teams and independent artists can benefit greatly from ActiveCampaign’s inexpensive email marketing platform. All the functionality you would anticipate are included, including automation, segmentation, triggered emails, email funnels, autoresponders, A/B testing, and scheduling. Conditional content, geotracking, controlled deliverability, and multi-user editing are also included as advanced features. You can control deliverability, receive geotracking information about your subscribers’ whereabouts, and employ multi-user editing (update multiple fields in an email with subscriber information).
- Sending targeted emails to the appropriate recipient is simple with segmentation and dynamic content.
- Based on whatever contact information you have, personalize your emails.
- A/B testing to identify the emails that convert the best.
- To increase the opens, clicks, and purchases from your emails, use straightforward split testing.
- Integrated landing page builder
Prices begin at $29 per month.
Due to its easy interaction with eCommerce systems like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento, Drip is one of the more sophisticated email marketing platforms on our list and the ideal choice for eCommerce enterprises. You may segment your email list based on a wide range of factors, including clicks, past purchases, email opens, and more, using eCommerce CRM data to develop tailored marketing.
Drip incorporates SMS marketing as well, giving them access to a niche that few email marketing systems do. SMS messages may be delivered for a variety of purposes, including reminders about abandoned carts and advertising incentives.
- You may gather more information about your clients with an ecommerce CRM, allowing you to develop individualized and targeted email marketing campaigns.
- No matter where they are, reach out to your consumers via email, SMS, social media, and other channels of communication.
- Connecting your eCommerce business to Drip will allow you to get revenue-attribution information and use it to inform your marketing choices.
- SMS automation to increase customer engagement.
- Email campaign segmentation and reporting.
A trial is available from Drip. Prices begin at $39 per month.
In the category of artists and small-to-medium businesses, MailerLite is a formidable rival. It provides the fundamentals, like as surveys, automation, pop-ups, and landing pages, that you need for effective email marketing. Countless eCommerce systems and marketing solutions that you presumably already use have integrations with MailerLite as well.
It has a simple design that gives it the appearance of being one of the most subdued platforms at first sight. But that is also part of what gives it strength. The platform is designed with growth in mind from eCommerce campaign features to automation, segmentation, advertising pop-ups, and landing page creation.
- A landing page and website builder for rapid web asset creation.
- You may generate more leads by using pop-ups and embedded forms.
- Make your advertisements unique by utilizing sophisticated targeting options.
- To raise the bar for email marketing, test, experiment, and simplify your communications.
Up to 1,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month are free with MailerLite. Prices begin at $10 per month.
Keap is a customer relationship management service officially speaking, but because to its strong email marketing, automation, and sales features, it has earned a position on our list of the top email marketing platforms. Keap interacts with your other preferred business tools and applications and offers automation and processes, templates for emails, quotes, invoices, and proposals. The platform’s automation and CRM capabilities are its genuine strengths. These are simple to use and assist you in retaining your present consumers. For small eCommerce firms with a developing MarTech stack, Keap also connects with your other preferred business tools and applications, making it a wise choice.
- Advanced campaign customization, app connectivity, and marketing and sales automation to drive growth.
- Automatically assign tasks, send personalized messages, and collect new leads.
- Sync Outlook and Gmail while managing your contacts and leads with Keap.
- Analytics and revenue statistics support more informed brand choices.
Keap provides a risk-free demo. Prices begin at $129 per month.
12. Constant Contact
You can develop email marketing campaigns like a pro with the aid of Constant Contact. It comes with a clever email editor that makes it simple to personalize and create emails that look amazing and stand out on all devices. Automation, social marketing for lead generation, and the capability to create websites and landing pages are some other aspects that make it appealing to smaller companies and non-profits. To assist in the expansion of your online business, Constant Contact also offers specific email marketing for eCommerce solutions. You may import contact lists from Excel, Outlook, Salesforce, and other contact management systems.
- A clever email designer to create emails that are both professional and aesthetically beautiful.
- A welcome email for new subscribers, triggered email series, contact segmentation, the ability to repeat emails to recipients who don’t open them, and effective list-building tools are all part of email marketing automation.
- Segmented and automated emails are only a few examples of smart eCommerce tools and results.
- Builder for landing pages and websites.
- Social media marketing for placing advertisements, planning content, and monitoring results.
A free trial of one month is available from Constant Contact. Prices begin at $9.99 per month.
One of the oldest email marketing tools available is Mailchimp. It features capabilities like email automation, data segmentation, templates, customization, A/B testing, lead capture forms, and interaction with CRMs and is especially well suited for novices and entrepreneurs.
Although it initially just offered an email-focused solution, the platform now provides much more. You may create sponsored advertisements and landing pages, develop a free website, purchase a domain, post on social media, and mail physical postcards anywhere in the globe.
- Find out the future of your contacts’ behavior so you can tailor your marketing.
- Add dynamic material to certain content blocks in your emails to personalize them.
- Create individualized client journeys using branching points and conditional logic.
- A/B testing to find messages with high conversion rates.
- Builder for landing pages and websites.
A free plan from Mailchimp is available for up to 2,000 contacts and one audience. Paid packages begin at $11 per month.
Design, plan, and track email campaigns using SendX’s inexpensive, user-friendly email marketing software to increase sales. An opt-in email list may be uploaded, broadcast email campaigns can be sent, and reports can be made to track clicks, opens, conversions, and other metrics. With a robust rules-based interface based on user behaviour, audience segmentation, and more, you can automate your email marketing.
- Create, plan, and manage email campaigns while automating when necessary using a robust rules-based UI.
- To control your audience, grow your email list utilizing landing sites, inline forms, and high-converting email pop-ups.
- Make landing pages to generate leads.
- Create emails without using HTML. Marketing professionals can easily create emails with a professional appearance using the drag and drop editor in SendX.
- The heatmap for email campaigns may be accessed to view the location of subscribers.
A 14-day trial is available from SendX. When paid yearly, pricing starts at $7.49 per month.
A multi-channel email and messaging platform called SendPulse was developed for delivering emails, SMS messages, and building chatbots for Facebook and Telegram. Although the combination of these qualities may sound complicated, it may help organizations create memorable and compelling brand experiences for customers.
Different message kinds can be sent alone or in combination with Automation 360 using SendPulse. It comes with a variety of email marketing capabilities that may be used to build up automated workflows, generate responsive layouts, and gather users’ contact information.
- An HTML-free drag-and-drop editor with more than 130 templates allows users to generate adaptable emails.
- To nurture leads through each stage of your sales funnel and turn them into paying clients, use trigger emails.
- A tool that lets you develop subscription forms that may be shown as pop-ups, embedded, or floating windows on your website to gather email addresses and other data from users.
- Lead generation via online push notifications and SMS.
- Creation of landing pages built-in.
- Integrated CRM.
For up to 15,000 emails to 500 subscribers, SendPulse is free. When paid yearly, pricing starts at $6.40 per month. For more marketing channels, there are additional charges.
A comprehensive marketing automation system for your company that offers email marketing is called Freshworks CRM. It includes tools that you can use to engage and turn your subscribers into paying customers using email campaigns, enabling you to conduct integrated campaigns that increase conversions and send pertinent information at the appropriate moment.
This is a CRM first and foremost, which is what gives it its strength. Through its CRM feature, organizations may obtain comprehensive consumer information to strengthen marketing initiatives. Additionally, automation supports lead creation and nurturing, and it may send bills or work with subscribers to send regular revenue-generating emails.
Key Email Features:
- With a simple drag-and-drop editor, you can easily build emails from scratch or select from a large library of templates to produce visually appealing emails that support your messaging.
- Send personalized emails that speak to your audience and increase conversions.
- Utilize analytics to learn more about campaign performance.
- Automate thank-you letters, bills, reminders, and more.
- Client segments.
- Create journeys to utilize customization and automate email communication over the course of a customer’s lifecycle.
A free 21-day trial of Freshworks CRM is available. The Marketing Cloud’s monthly price, when paid yearly, is $19.
How to Choose the Best Email Marketing Software Platform
It might be a little intimidating to choose the ideal instrument. As you can see, there are several factors to take into account when choosing your email platform. Making a list of what your brand needs and wants to achieve with email marketing is a wiser method to choose your next platform.
To assist, we’ve developed this simple, three-step structure that you may use:
- Establish Your Goals
A bigger objective is marketing success, which includes email marketing. It is preferable to choose a product that will help you get there if you know what your goals are. The most typical objectives for marketers are listed below.
- Boost open rates
- Boost clickthrough rates
- Utilize automation
- Increase website traffic and develop more individualized customer experiences
- CRM integration will result in richer profiles.
- Fostering results
- Boost revenue and lead generation
- analysis in-depth using revenue attribution
Email marketing software can affect how well you can distribute creative material, albeit they are also impacted by other aspects, such as positioning and creative content. For instance, CRM connectivity is essential if you want more than simply customer segmentation. Revenue attribution by customer is a function you’ll require if you need to know how much a customer spends with your brand.
- Match Features to Goals
Once you have a goal in mind, it’s time to explore for platforms that provide what you need. There are several platforms available, but only data collection can result in usable insight. Make a spreadsheet outlining your goals and add any platforms you come across to it.
- Pick The Right Plan
Pricing for email platforms often comes in two flavors: monthly and yearly. There are often no set contracts and you may cancel at any time with monthly pricing, which is typically based on a pay-as-you-go strategy.
Plans for the year need a bit more consideration. These have monthly pricing discounts and need prior payment. As much as is practical, try your new platform before committing to an annual plan, is my piece of advise. Demos are fantastic, but we advise using trials that have all the features you want. Limitations are thus discovered before you commit to a year-long commitment.
Plans are sometimes determined by the number of subscribers you have. Email marketing platforms charge you for access to features and functionality based on the quantity of subscribers and emails you’ll send as a transactional firm.
6 Tips To Improve Your Email Marketing Strategy
1. Use Tools Made for Email Marketing
Using a regular email provider will not allow you to launch a successful email marketing campaign. Yes, you may send mass emails and blasts from Gmail, Outlook, and Office 365. None, however, offer capabilities for creating and maintaining email lists, list segmentation, eye-catching email designs, campaign reporting, or list cleaning functions.
You need software made expressly for email marketing or a customer relationship management (CRM) system with email functions to get results that will grow your firm. Below, we’ll look at some of the best solutions for these.
2. Build Your Email List Proactively
During your sales process or client contacts, start gathering consumer email addresses. Don’t, however, restrict your prospects for growing an email list to just these conversations.
Before they make a single purchase from you, you may persuade potential leads and consumers to give you their email address. Utilizing lead magnets is the key. E-books, webinars, checklist downloads, free trials, and even discounts are examples of value-added freebies.
Promote lead magnet products on your website, landing sites, social media platforms, and so forth, and need an email sign-up to download or receive the freebie in order to gain new email subscribers. In exchange for perceived value, viewers will gladly give you their email address and choose to join your mailing list.
3. Segment Your List by User Intent
The key to effective email marketing is segmenting, which separates your subscriber list into groups according to user interests. By using segmentation, you can tailor material to particular subscription groups and offer readers stuff that is truly valuable. Comparatively to campaigns that offer generalist messaging to all subscribers, segmentation-based campaigns have greater open rates and fewer unsubscribes.
There are several methods to segment email subscribers, such by lead magnet type, website interactions, and past purchases. Even adding intriguing questions to your registration letters is possible with the majority of email marketing systems.
Like this one from Mailchimp, the majority of email marketing solutions include customisable email registration forms that assist you in automatically creating segmented lists.
For automatic segmentation based on past purchases and online interactions, several email marketing technologies interface with retail and internet platforms.
4. Engage Your Readers at Every Step
You’re ready to generate and send content that offers value to your segmented subscribers after you have your email subscriber list. You have five chances to grab the attention of your subscribers and persuade them to open, read, and respond to your email.
From line: Your company or campaign name that subscribers will be familiar with and confident in.
Subject line: As they browse their email, they see the little phrase.
Preheader line: provides a second reason to open the email that supports the subject line.
Email content: Message that is succinct and to the point, such a promotion, news update, or announcement.
Call to action (CTA): To get subscribers to return to your purchasing pages, sign-up forms, or any other action you want them to perform, use buttons or highlighted links.
The time of day that you send emails has an effect on engagement, opens, and clicks. The majority of experts concur that on work days, email marketing should arrive in inboxes at 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. Data also reveals that, on average, Mondays tend to have the greatest open rates (22%), while weekend open rates are typically lower at 20%.
5. Measure Your Email Marketing Campaign Results
You may check important data once your email marketing message has been delivered, such as the percentage of bounced emails, the number of subscribers who have viewed the email, and the number of subscribers who have clicked on the CTA links and buttons.
Within eight to ten hours, if you adhere to the “send at 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. criterion,” you’ll have a fair idea of the campaign’s success. New email openings generally start to slowly trickle in after roughly a day.
You can determine the messaging that is effective for your audience by tracking and evaluating email openings and CTA clicks. You may fine-tune and determine which wording and offers encourage your readers to click by running A/B tests on various email “from” lines, subject lines, preheaders, and CTAs.
6. Scrub, Rinse and Repeat
Emails can bounce. It’s only a step in the procedure. This indicates that your email was not delivered because of an incorrect email address format, a banned email address, or a fictitious email address. Bounced emails must be deleted or cleansed from your list in order to preserve the integrity of your email list and enhance overall deliverability.
This phase is usually simple with email marketing programs. You’re prepared to go on to step four and launch another campaign according to the timeline you established after a scrub of bounced emails has been finished. Always remember to enhance your messaging by applying what you’ve learnt from prior efforts.
Top Email Marketing Providers for 2022 in Summary
Which email marketing solution is the best? I wish I could recommend just one, but the best course of action will depend on your approach, goals, target audience, and money.
To choose the ideal one for you, use the approach and reviews mentioned above. Here is a summary of what we spoke about:
- Sendinblue — Best overall
- Constant Contact — Best drag-and-drop builder
- MailerLite — Best for the essentials at an affordable price
- Omnisend —Best email SMS marketing combo
There is a choice for you above, whether you’re beginning a fresh list from scratch, transferring providers, or searching for a full-service CRM.
The majority of these free email marketing tools have powerful capabilities that are included even if you don’t upgrade to a premium plan. It should be possible for small firms and marketers to maximize these opportunities while saving time and money. Many of the premium plans are reasonable and flexible enough to match your budget, even if you need to upgrade to meet your business’s demands.
Check out our email marketing guide for more tips on how to make the most of your resources if you’re just beginning your efforts on this channel.