There is now an extremely straightforward method for sending money to loved ones anywhere in the world. Transfer funds quickly to an M-pes e-wallet using mobile money. Everything you need to know about the Airtel Money mobile money and services can be found here. Find out how to activate Airtel Money and learn everything you need to know about the service!
Airtel Money: presentation
Indian telecommunications provider Airtel has operations in 17 nations, the majority of which are in Africa.
Prepaid mobile phones make up a lot of the phones on the Airtel network. This means that before they can make calls, send texts, or use their data, users must purchase airtime, also known as talk-time or mobile credit.
Typically, Airtel phone airtime is topped off with a scratch card or pin number, both of which can be purchased at local stores; however, this method is not always convenient.
- Advertisement -
Airtel provides the option to directly receive funds on an Airtel Money wallet (without having to open a bank account).
Airtel Money is a safe electronic service that lets people who have an Airtel Money wallet use their mobile phones to store money, send and receive money, pay for things, and do a lot of other things.
Airtel Money accounts receive funds instantly. All that is required of you is to ensure that the recipient already has an Airtel Money account. You will need the Mobile Money number of the recipient.
Typically, transfers to a mobile wallet occur immediately, day or night. The transfer doesn’t require the recipient to travel to receive it.
The useful trick is that you can send and receive money across networks with Airtel Money. You can also send Airtel Money to subscribers in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, the United Kingdom, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, and Saudi Arabia directly to an Airtel Money wallet.
How to send mobile money abroad with Airtel Money?
The method is determined by both your location and the country of the transfer recipient.
Kenyan customers of Airtel Money, for instance, can send money to Kenyan customers of Airtel Money in Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, and Malawi.
Customers who have registered with Airtel Money will be able to:
- Dial *222#
- Select Send Money
- Select International Money Transfer
- Select the country where money is to be sent
- Enter the recipient’s mobile number starting with the country code (eg 250 for Rwanda, 255 for Tanzania, etc)
- Enter Amount
- Confirm details of transaction
- Enter PIN
- Select reason for the transfer and complete transaction.
The recipient will receive funds in their country’s currency.
How to activate an Airtel Money wallet?
Here is how to activate an Airtel Money wallet.
To register and activate your Airtel Money account, follow these steps:
- Go on the Airtel Money website or on the Airtel app
- Register your Airtel SIM card with a passport photo and a valid National ID for nationals or passport for foreigners
- Once registered, you are automatically registered on Airtel Money
- Dial *197# to check your registration status
- Then dial *185# to request your activation code and select “activate account”
- Enter the activation code you received by SMS