Mukimo is a traditional Kenyan dish made from corn, peas, and potatoes. To make it, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 cup of mashed potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here are the steps to make mukimo:
- In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onion until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the corn and peas to the pot and stir to combine. Cover the pot and let the vegetables cook for about 5 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the pot and stir to combine. Cover the pot and let the mixture cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, use a potato masher or a fork to mash the mixture until it is smooth and well combined.
- Season the mukimo with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, with your choice of protein and a side of vegetables.
You can also add other vegetables to the mukimo, such as carrots or green beans, to add more flavor and nutrition to the dish. Enjoy!