Patatas bravas is a popular Spanish tapas dish made with potatoes and a spicy tomato sauce. To make it, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cubed potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the potatoes evenly with the oil.
- Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting, heat the remaining olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper to the saucepan and stir to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, or until it has thickened slightly.
- When the potatoes are ready, remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and garnish with chopped parsley, if using. Serve the patatas bravas hot, with your favorite dipping sauce on the side.