You can write a good new general supplies company profile in Nairobi or others including building construction company profile sample, new road construction company, write an IT services new company profile sample, new furniture company template, start up stationery company, start up fruits and vegetables, building materials, medical equipment etc. Learn how to write a company profile from Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Nigeria, Ghana or Malawi.
12 Steps to Write a Professional Company Profile Pdf for a Start Up
For example, to write a company profile Pdf, the start up company should generally:
1. Write the Start up Company name and details of Profile.
2. Company location and ownership
3. Registration details of general supplies company
4. Write the organizational structure for profile
5. Write the Company Vision and Mission statement
6. Write the core values of the general supplies company
7. Indicate the quality management policy in profile
8. Write on Business infrastructure of new company
9. Write the new company clientele Portfolio in the profile
10. Indicate the Purchasing capacity of the general supplies company
11. Any important technology systems like data management systems
12. Environmental sustainability policy for the profile
1. Write the New Company Name and Details of Profile
This section is an introduction to the new company and states its name and possibly why the choice of that name and its influence on the product offerings. When you begin, gather the details listed below. These items should appear at the beginning of your company profile. Keep them accurate and up-to-date.
Example of Start up Company details here include:
- Advertisement -
- Company name
- Established date
- Physical address per location
- Phone and fax numbers
- Website URL
- Email address
2. Location and Ownership of Start up Company
In this section, you will mention where the company offices are located. You can indicate both the commercial offices location and any warehouse facilities or other offices in other towns across the country of operation.
You will also indicate the names of all the directors in this section and what are their qualifications or professional and academic backgrounds. A strong ownership also goes to prove that the company is well managed.
3. Registration Details of the Start Up Company
You will indicate the state of registration of the company. Its good to state if the company is a private limited liability company, public company or a consortium.
It is also good practise to indicate the month and year when the company was registered and possibly the registration number that appear on the Company’s Certificate of Incorporation.
4. Write the Organizational Structure of New Company
The Organisational structure is a simple chart showing the management hierarchy, departments and number of staff. It is also easy to see the management structure of the company at the top and whether the company has a Board of Directors.
Existence of a board of directors gives a company more stability and sound decision making is guaranteed. It is wise to state you have a board of directors even if the board is made up of 2 individuals.
5. Write the Vision and Mission of New Company Profile
A company mission and vision should be stated as the guiding strategic direction statements that is assumed in all the company’s business transactions, dealings, and interactions with its business environment.
A company vision is a statement of what the company wants to become in its niche sector through its business undertakings. It could be to be the leading supplier of quality office supplies in the east African region for example.
A company mission on the other hand is the overall goal that the company wants to achieve in its business dealings. It is intended to clarify the ‘what’ and ‘who’ of a company.
6. Write the Core values
Core values are the fundamental beliefs of a person or organization. These guiding principles dictate behavior and can help people understand the difference between right and wrong. Core values also help companies to determine if they are on the right path and fulfilling their goals by creating an unwavering guide.
Examples of company Core Values
- A commitment to sustainability and to acting in an environmentally friendly way. Companies like Patagonia and Ben & Jerry’s have environmental sustainability as a core value.
- A commitment to innovation and excellence. Apple Computer is perhaps best known for having a commitment to innovation as a core value. This is embodied by their “Think Different” motto.
- A commitment to doing good for the whole. Google, for example, believes in making a great search engine and building a great company without being evil.
7. Quality Management of Company
The company quality management policy states how the company will work to maintain total quality of its products. This indicates the measures the company will take to fulfill global standards of environmental protection, staff management, punctuality of service, ISO global standardization standards observance.
Examples of a Quality Management policy statements below:
1. Conforming to requirements, having identified very carefully the needs of our Clients, our applicants and our own systems.
2. A system that focuses on identifying potential risks/errors in our systems, processes and documentation; and putting in place the necessary preventative actions/contingencies to ensure continuing compliance with legislation and best practice. QM Policy & Procedures
3. Ensuring quality of service provision is based on the principle of everyone understanding how to do their job to the standard required, and doing it right first time.
4. A 360 degree service review process that encourages and uses feedback from our staff, our Clients and our Candidates to continuously improve our service and provide recognition where appropriate for a job well done.
8. Write on Business Infrastructure
A company infrastructure are the investments in warehouses, offices, vehicles, credit facilities with local banks that will facilitate their performing of the task that the company is bidding for.
Business infrastructure are the basic facilities, structures and services upon which the rest of a business is built. It is common to think of infrastructure as physical things but basic software and services can also be considered infrastructure. The following are common examples of business infrastructure.
a. Network Services
Basic communication and network services.
Foundational information technologies such as operating systems, databases, security tools, computing platforms, communication tools and content management platforms.
c. IT Services
Core information technology services such as service desk, service support, information security and data backup.
d. Business Services
Basic business services such as payroll and financial controls.
e. Energy & Power Management
Energy infrastructure such as solar panels, backup generators and uninterrupted power supply.
Facilities that mostly house infrastructure such as data centers.
Company roads and transportation services such as a company bus.
h. Business Continuity
Disaster recovery sites and systems.
9. Write the Clientele Portfolio of Company
This is a list of clients that the company has supplied with the goods and services that they offer. This list should strive to indicate the big and popular companies that everyone can relate to in Kenya.
In fact the best way is to indicate the logos for all these companies that your company has sullied. The reason is that people are more likely to recognize a company logo of the poplar companies.
You may also include short descriptions of the tender name, size in kshs or usd, the procuring entity and the date the tender was supplied.
10. Purchasing Capacity of New Company
This section states the ability of the company to handle certain size of tenders. You should indicate your capabilities based on the maximum size of Bank credit facilities that your bankers can avail to you.
This helps the procuring entity to gauge what size of tender or projects you are able to deliver comfortably on.
11. Technology Systems of Starting Up Company
This indicates the investment in technology that you have made as a company. This technology is the data processing and archiving of historical data. Latest technology in processing orders, making purchases, receipting, and storing historical data. A professional company profile in Kenya should include this section as it builds confidence in your ability to handle sensitive clients data.
This gives confidence to the tendering organisation that your company has up to date technology to process orders as well as store data for future references if needed.
12. Write on Environmental Sustainability
Company environmental protection policy is the method that will be used to procure, store, transport and supply goods and services. Most good company profiles for Kenyan general supplies companies have a detailed environmental policy.
To achieve an environmental policy, a company can assume several key points:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
There are other finer details that will go into writing a professional company profile in Nairobi Kenya to make you stand out in any tender you apply for in general supplies.